The American-Scandinavian Foundation is seeking applicants for the following open positions.
Please note that for all positions you must be eligible to work in the United States.
Consultant for Scandinavian Folk Arts and Cultural Traditions in the Upper Midwest
The American-Scandinavian Foundation (ASF) is looking for two consultants to work with grant applicants for the Scandinavian Folk Arts and Cultural Traditions in the Upper Midwest (defined as North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan) fellowships and grants program. One consultant will work in the Minnesota-Wisconsin-Upper Peninsula region; the other consultant will work in Iowa, North Dakota, and South Dakota. The consultants will represent ASF at local events, familiarize themselves with individuals and organizations that might apply for these grants and fellowships, and provide technical assistance to applicants in the grant application process. The anticipated project start date will be in January 2020, but consultants will travel to New York for an orientation in November 2019.
- Promote ASF’s Scandinavian Folk Arts and Cultural Traditions in the Upper Midwest among folk artists and cultural practitioners in assigned region
- Respond to grant inquiries and provide technical assistance to potential grant applicants
- Provide weekly reports to the Director of Educational Exchange and Special Projects and participate in monthly Skype meetings
- Help ASF develop and maintain a stronger network in assigned region
- Familiarity with the Upper Midwest as a region
- Experience reviewing grant applications and/or writing successful grant applications
- Advanced degree in folklore/cultural anthropology or a related field
- Willingness to engage in modest travel
- Excellent community and media-outreach skills
- Supply and drive a vehicle
Consultants will work for up to 200 hours primarily during the months of April through August, although they may attend pre-approved events at other times of the year.
Please email cover letter, resume, and a list of three references as one PDF file to email@example.com, and include “Consultant for Scandinavian Folk Arts and Cultural Traditions in the Upper Midwest” in the subject line. Positions will remain open until filled, but review of applications will begin September 23.
Sales Associates at The Shop at Scandinavia House
The American-Scandinavian Foundation seeks part-time sales associates for the Shop at Scandinavia House. Retail experience, design knowledge, and fluency in a Scandinavian/Nordic language are preferred. Flexible hours are available for this position.
Receiving/Stock positions are also available. Computer knowledge is a must, as well as a strong attention to detail. Retail experience a plus.
Please email cover letter and resume, as one PDF file, to firstname.lastname@example.org and use “Shop Assistant” as the subject.